Sunday, February 3, 2013

Makings

I have a reputation among friends as a crafter. I'm not always sure I earn it, but here's to trying.

Pinterest is all a-flutter with various projects involving engineering prints from office supply print shops. As long as you don't mind images being black and white only, on flimsy paper, and dubious as far as image quality goes, you can end up with a piece as large as 4 feet wide for under $5.

I gathered some of our chickens' feathers and took photos of them lined them up a few different ways on the back patio. Here are a few of my favorites.



They printed a good bit darker than they appeared on-screen, but certainly still useable; next time I'll just account for that when I edit the photos. 

I haven't figured out how to put them up in a way that takes them from cool-ish poster thing to art. Thoughts? Currently, they're in a pile on a guest bed like so -


Wall hangings strewn about in piles? Ain't nobody got time for that.

1 comment:

emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.