Thursday, November 11, 2010

So Cursing Good

Koan got me Josh Ritter tickets back in September for my birthday. We just got back from the concert and I can't stop smiling. The guy (Josh Ritter, in this case, but Koan too) is incredible and puts on such an energetic, joyful show that courses through all kinds of mountains and valleys: bright lights, dancing, screaming along and acoustic mini-sets with songs dedicated to veterans that put "God Bless the USA" in the place of shame in which it belongs.

Note the giant Edison bulbs at the back of the stage.
There were 5 or 6 of them doing their thing during the show. Love.

And the icing on the most delicious cake ever? I could see. The whole time. The iPhone photo clearly doesn't do it justice, but that was my wonderful, pure, unobstructed view the entire show. For a live music-loving girl of 5'2", that's a birthday present worth waiting for.

Alright, enough gratuitous superlatives, my feet are tired and I need to go dream about standing-in-place dancing, white girl clapping along, and that smiling Josh Ritter face.

No comments: