Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Driveway Moments with Jay-Z

If you don't know the term "Driveway Moment," you probably don't listen to enough NPR. For those in that category, they use the phrase to mean a story/interview/news bit so enthralling that you stay in your car to listen to it even after you've already pulled into the driveway.


Today, I sat in my car in the parking lot of the Wells Fargo building totally enraptured by Jay-Z's musings on pretending to have had a pivotal childhood memory about the Broadway play Annie to secure the rights to "It's a Hard Knock Life," dysfunctional romantic relationships of young rappers, and the value of human life. You can listen to the Fresh Air interview here. His new book is called Decoded and I think I'd quite like to read it.

Add this little nugget to the fact that "Single Ladies" pops into my head about 4 times per day and we might just have a favorite celebrity couple on our hands.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lash~I adore how much you keep me in the loop. ;)