Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another step...

After 4+ years in Colorado, I gave in to the hype and finally purchased...

...my first Danskos. I'd been hearing forever about how comfortable they are and great for your feet blah blah blah, but I just couldn't make myself like them. Plus, at ~$120 retail, the price wasn't there for something I wasn't sure if I'd wear. I'm not sure what changed my mind enough to prompt me to start scouring the net (probably the abundance of cute Denver gals who pull them off combined with my persistent foot issues), but I went on a hunt.

I started out thinking I'd get some variation of the Marcelle, but then that didn't seem like a very prudent Denver winter shoe. After a few weeks of looking (and reconsidering after getting teeny tiny paychecks), I found the ones above (new in box) on ebay. I liked their cute green (technically "celery") color and especially their lack of big black sole. I won the auction for less than half of the retail price!

And the verdict? I get it now. My persnickety feet love their arch support and superb overall comfort. I've worn them every day since they arrived! Consider me officially converted.

Now, between wearing these babies and having a Subaru-driving boyfriend, I think I'm becoming a true Denverite...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yup~and add all that Patagonia in the mix...you're practically a native ;) ps...LOVE the celery!