Wednesday, February 4, 2009

[[apology]]

This is my apology to anyone who might regularly check this blog (or who once did, but gave up) hoping for something pretty, clever, funny, politically-charged, or just new. I'm sorry.


When I was small, I had a rock tumbler (though I don't know why). After loading it up, I'd start the thing spinning - it was all kinds of noisy and generally seemed too bothersome for some ugly, dirty rocks. And, predictably, I was always fascinated with the smooth, shiny, worthy-of-admiration stones that came out when the terrible racket had finished.


The past year or so has felt similarly tumbly and, while I'm already impressed at some of the gems that are being revealed, I feel like the last few weeks have been rock polisher turbo mode. At the risk of taking this metaphor too far, I'm ready to turn the damn thing off, but am hopeful that all this topsy-turvy-jumbled-up confusion has a gleamy-glowy purpose.

tried to find a rock tumbler photo, but either I can't remember what mine looked like, or I can't find a photo of the same one. the photos included are unrelated to the text.


In other news, I've watched this at least 5 times in the past 24 hours. I laugh every. single. time.





No comments: