Friday, March 27, 2015

Our True Nature(s)

I pinned the image below months ago (when Cyrus was 8 weeks old!). These days, I think about it all the time. 


I don't know much about Carol Tuttle or the theories and philosophies behind The Child Whisperer book and website*, but I know this little chart has helped me so much. I, currently and as a child, land somewhere between the Sensitive and Serious columns. Perhaps you could have guessed that by reading my recent introspective, loquacious blog posts. My vibrant and engaging son is absolutely a Determined Child with a dash of the Fun-Loving for good measure. I have known this for months - isn't that wild?!


When I start to get frustrated with his much-ness, I have been trying to remind myself to set up the environment so that he can be free to roam around without being told "no" at every turn, crawl/climb/throw without danger, and interact with a variety of faces. Usually this means getting out of the house and sometimes even doing something other than sitting at the coffee shop! Gasp! It can be hard for me to get motivated to make it happen, especially since those things are so contrary to my true nature, but it is always always worth it.


What tools have you come across that have helped you learn more about yourself and those close to you (children or otherwise) in a practical way?


*I totally want to go read everything first so I can give you an informed review. Battling my inner More Serious Child here, folks. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the post! Have a wonderful weekend:)

Www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com