Friday, December 3, 2010

The Peg Game

























Did you ever play this game? I remember amusing/frustrating myself with it as a youngster while waiting for meals at The Cracker Barrel (which shows my family's high brow restaurant tastes). If you've never played, it's a one person game in which you jump pegs, removing pegs as you jump them (similar to checkers), attempting to leave only one peg at the end. I'm terrible at it. My great uncle Tommy, however, can win no matter where you leave the initial empty space, which has boggled my mind since I was a kid. He had eager students in Koan and myself when he offered to teach us while we were in Gulf Shores for Thanksgiving.

Neither of us remember all the moves now, but we'll blame that on the 62 people at the house distracting us.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love that game!

Koan said...

I do remember all the moves, actually. It's all about the angle, then go up, over and back down. Done. Just ask Tommy.