Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Being on You are My Fave is my Fave

Melanie posted some photos of us making the internet-famous "bottled light" project. We took turns holding a heavy drill (with ceramic, glass, and tile drill bit) until we had a lovely 1/2 inch hole through which we could push lights. I prefer the battery-operated strands since you can then place the bottles anywhere, though they're usually shorter and you might need a bunch. Using regular end-to-end lights that plug in work also, you just have to leave both ends out of the bottle (this confounded me when I tried to work it out in my head. Turns out it's not hard at all.).

If you made it here by linking from her, welcome! I regret not cleaning up from dinner before the documentation process began, but I do not regret how cozy and cute my mantle looks.*

*The really bright milk bottle has 3 strands of LED lights in it. It's not as bright as it looks here in person, but I do prefer the softer, regular mini lights.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love those!

Katy said...

Glad to be shown the way. Great blog!