Thursday, August 5, 2010

Some memories you just don't want to lose...

You know what's a shame? In 15-20 years, people in their 20s will only have weird reality shows (ahem, Wife Swap) to mention when referencing tv shows from their younger days. You know what else is a shame? Some people don't remember this -

I tried making a joke about Dwayne Wayne glasses the other day. Silence.

We had a lovely dinner with some charming friends, an entertaining cat, and a bottle of some kind of wine from 1980 (in addition to two other bottles, I believe...), where we couldn't seem to go more than a few minutes without a reference to these individuals -

Apparently I missed all the important life lessons on this show growing up, so we're going to start watching them again. I'll be sure to share what we learn.

Side note: Anyone else think John Corbett might be ageless? He seems to narrow and widen and occasionally get a haircut, but never get old... Google Image search confirms.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I agree! I love a Different World, it came on after the Cosby Show, and Northern Exposure was the best. John Corbett oh so cute.