Friday, August 27, 2010

The Lazy Woman Margarita

[If it's a few days late, does that make it a few dollars short?]

I have a bottle of tequila that I've had for a long time. I wanted to break it out for the finale of Design Star, but didn't want to make a trip to the liquor store for Cointreau or Triple Sec for "real" margaritas OR even for margarita mix. I had to go to the grocery for dinner, so I checked out the margarita mix there. Blech. High Fructose Corn Syrup and indiscriminable ingredient central. Next shelf over? "Natural and Organic" Drinks. Thus:








+








=


The Lazy Woman's Margarita!

The only "problem" with this drink, if you want to call it that, is that it's super mega ultra sweet. It's all that beautiful cane sugar. I added some OJ towards the end (inspired by Snooze's Morning Marg) which helped take the sugary edge off. I don't think it'll win any awards, but it did the trick!





No comments: