Thursday, May 20, 2010

Have you heard?



"Google has been working with a number of talented font designers to produce a varied collection of high quality open source fonts for the Google Font Directory," said Raph Levien and David Kuettel of the Google Font API team.



Free, open source fonts from Google! I wasn't sure if this was new or if I'd just missed it, so after a quick (google, of course) search, I found this CNN article. In addition to confirming that it is new, the article has a wonderful line about Comic Sans being "blood-pressure-raising." So true. Unless you are a kindergarten teacher, get that business out of here.

I think Cardo will be my go-to, but I used Nobile (at the top) and Reenie Beanie (here) so you could see the difference. It was created "for web developers," so it's a little tricky if you're not used to messing with Html, but I figured it out after spending some time in the FAQ page and through good ol' trial and error. Let me know if you want some help!


via Mark

No comments: