Friday, April 2, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things: NewOldHymns

Sandra McCracken, who is in an everlasting battle with Josh Ritter for my #1 favorite artist of all time, has a new album due out soon called In Feast or Fallow. Her previous album of hymns (The Builder and the Architect) has come out of my car cd player maybe a dozen times in the 4 years that I've had it. No joke. I've heard 5 songs (3 from the free sampler, 2 on youtube) from the new album and can't wait to have the whole thing. The above image is from New Old Hymns, her website devoted to the two albums of hymns. The site has a feature that allows you to download the 3 song sampler for free, which I highly recommend ("Faith's Review & Expectation" is my favorite of those). Below is an acoustic video of In Feast or Fallow's title track.



If you happen to think this is two preachyish posts in a row, you'll be happy to know that Sandra also has a few non-hymn albums, which are high on my Favorites List as well. Here's a video of "Halfway" from Red Balloon.

No comments: